Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Week #5: What We'll NOT Miss About Living in L.A.

EARTHQUAKES!!!

Yep, it just hit the news. There was a 5.8 magnitude earthquake in the Los Angeles area this morning. The epicenter is quite a ways from where Brian and I live and work. Here at the offices we felt a gentle rumble that picked up a little more before it relaxed. It lasted about 20 or 30 seconds. It was funny to experience the different responses in the office. One of the staffers ran outside as quick as possible. Another staffer yelled, "I'm gettin' under my desk!" I hesitated crawling under my desk for a moment because I actually wore a skirt today. (It's laundry time again.) By the time I'd decided it might be a good idea the whole thing was over. I have talked to Brian, and he's okay. He's working his coffee job this morning about 10 miles from my job. Earthquakes can't stop Angelenos from buying their coffee!

Check out the link below to see all the recent earthquakes in Southern California. The one this morning was the 5.8 at 11:42 a.m.

http://www.data.scec.org/recenteqs/Maps/Los_Angeles.html